WNF Saturday 9/27

C-bus

I'm going to take the new quad down to Monday Creek early Saturday morning. I know it's the epic ride and I know it's some free day and may be crowded, but damnit.... I rented the trailer and I'm going. Anyone want to join me? I don't know shit about the trail system and have limited 4-wheeler experience, but what the hell....right? Anyways.... Post on here if you might find your way down there.

Still having some issue's with my Honda, so I can't. Weather looks great, hope you have a good ride.

Thanks. Actually, I've been watching your youtube videos...trying to get a feel for the trails. Nice work!

Parking at Monday creek trail head will give you 2 directions to head, plus you can ride your atv into carbon hill for lunch. If you goto one of the trailhead off of 33 (P1 to P5) steer clear of P1 and the Bog area I've gone through there but it's not for beginers. Also I've heard the northern part of Dorr run is closed due to a couple of bridges getting washed out. I think you be fine on 99% of the main corridor. I too am thinking of coming down next weekend but won't know for sure till mid week.

• Upvote 1

Great morning! Took the trailhead just south of New Straightsville. Trails were empty right up until about 11:30 or so, but then started to get crowded. Quad handled great!

post-12300-0-79932200-1411846601_thumb.j

Edited by C-bus

I hit some private land and gravel pit today and this was my outcome. Hit a jump a little too fast and got the quad about 6 foot in the air and landed hard on all fours. My hand slipped off the grip and slammed my wrist into the bars. They say it's not broken maybe a severe sprain, but it hurts like hell

be1ca4de7c0b03004cec2cd1aef01fd9.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1

I hit some private land and gravel pit today and this was my outcome. Hit a jump a little too fast and got the quad about 6 foot in the air and landed hard on all fours. My hand slipped off the grip and slammed my wrist into the bars. They say it's not broken maybe a severe sprain, but it hurts like hell

be1ca4de7c0b03004cec2cd1aef01fd9.jpg

Oh man, that sucks! Heal up quickly!

I'm a little bruised and battered myself. Had a bit of over-falsity of confidence and decided to do some high speed donuts in the gravel area. The quad stopped, I didn't. Landed on my shoulder, elbow, hip, knee. Just sore. I was sure the bike was going to land on me, but it stayed on all fours. It happened early enough in the day to remind me of my true skill level. For that, I'm a little grateful.

Damn Tim, I hope you heal up.