It's been awhile...and still will be.

Vulcan_Rider

Unfortunately I am done riding for awhile and possibly permanently.

Last Sunday I had 2 seizures while I was on my way to the Outer Banks for vacation.  I ended up in a hospital in Virginia for a couple days while they did some testing.  All the tests came back negative so they have no idea what caused the seizures.  They put me on anti-seizure meds and told me to follow up with a neurologist in Cleveland.  Because I had 2 seizures and they don't know the cause I am not allowed to drive for 6 months.  I drive for my job so now I have to go on disability since I cant do that and my bike is done for at least this season.  If they cant find a cause or if there is a chance this could happen again I don't know if i want to risk riding when a seizure could strike at any time.  I guess this will be one of the many things I have to evaluate over the next several months as I figure out what I am going to do about my job and driving situations.

Hoping for a smooth recovery for you! Might not have anything to do with your situation but my brother was having problems with passing out randomly, they narrowed it down to caffeine as the cause. (took about 2 years for them to figure it out) once he stopped drinking caffeine completely he has not had another one. Once again not saying by any means this is your problem but if you drink a lot of caffeine you may want to have them look at that.

Neurologists office called me and told me someone cancelled their appointment tomorrow morning so I can have it.  Pretty awesome considering my appointment wasnt until October 20th.  I guess the path to full recovery begins tomorrow morning with some tests.

• Upvote 1

Apparently I have epilepsy.  I have to get a brain MRI next week to make sure its not a brain tumor which apparently is not a very likely scenario.  The scary thing is I found out I have been having seizures for the last 3 or so years and didn't even realize it.

Hopefully it can be controlled via meds of some sort so you wont have to give up riding completely. I'm not familiar with how/if it can be treated, but surely there are options. I dont ride a ton of miles every year, but I truly enjoy those that I do. Here's to hope, and wishing a positive prognosis to you

Apparently I have epilepsy. I have to get a brain MRI next week to make sure its not a brain tumor which apparently is not a very likely scenario. The scary thing is I found out I have been having seizures for the last 3 or so years and didn't even realize it.

That's one thing I realized, most people think seizures are falling on the ground and shaking uncontrollably. Many of the ones that I've seen with my fam were simply a shutdown of function, not being able to put together a coherent thought. There were times she didn't seem to know it happened. She also had them while sleeping.

I realize how scary this can be, but I hope you can find some peace and hope with knowing how far they have come with epilepsy treatments and even brain surgeries if it comes to that. Good luck with your tests- hope everything goes well.