New Member from Columbus

Pxl356

Hey Guys ,

My name is PJ ( peter john in frenxh basically ) i'm somehow need in the forum since i mostly ready but never participated mostly due to minor language barrier.

I'm leaving in Columbus ( clintonville ) for 4 years now , moved originally from France.

I have several bikes ( Str3 , tw200 , a vintage honda Cl90 and a few mini bikes for show ) and tend to ride alone or with my wife.

My limited knowledge of the state usually make me end up on the worst road ( straight line every where in thia country ! ) or boring ride and i don't know much people to ride with.

I figured i should introduce myself and try to meet a few people to find the courage to show to a fre events and ride together.

I love all sort of riding and slowly consider hitting Mid-Ohio track.

Feel free to encourage me to join any kind of bike night/events !

thanks !

Pj

Welcome to Ohioriders.

We have other members that also have language barriers, some of them even grew up here. So, no issues there. We have a large ride coming up at the end of the month, please join us. Most of the members here are very friendly and outgoing. Any event posted your are welcome to attend. The group rides are organized just enough and we have a lot if fun.

Welcome!

http://goo.gl/maps/At4K2

There you go, that is one of the only two fun curvey rides that I enjoy on the northern half of the city. That one is very easy to navigate, and that's a route to and from Clintonville for you!

The other nearby ride is up around Hoover Reservoir and Alum Creek Lake, and involves Red Bank Rd, Sunbury Rd, and some others and ends up at Hogback Rd.  More complicated, but if you spend some time on google maps, you can map out a similar route to arrive at those points. 

From another new member intro that I just posted, here is one of my favorite 4 hour or so rides that takes you to the best roads that you can find in the best part of Ohio - Southeast of Columbus!

Without using GPS, I usually type up abbreviated directions and print them in small font in a list that I can cut out into a vertical rectangle, and use clear packing tape to affix them to the center of my tach face. 

http://goo.gl/maps/NUmD5

(take 33E to 33E Lancaster bypass)
----------------------------
R on US-22
L on Delmont Rd
veer L on Stoney Ridge Rd
L on Hamburg Rd
R on Christmas Rock Rd
L on S Broad St (40 feet)
R @ prison - Revenge Rd
L on Clear Creek Rd
R on 33E (SUNOCO)
R on Opossum Hollow Rd
R on 374S
R on 374S/180W
L on 374S
L on Big Pine Rd
R on 664S
L on Harble-Griffith Rd
R on Ilesboro Rd
L on 374S (to end)
R on 56W (TO GAS)
-------------------------------
head back E on 56
L on Chapel Ridge Rd
R on 374S
R on 56E
R on 664N
L 374N
R on 374N 
(veer L@678 to stay on 374)
R on 374N/180E
2nd L on Jack Run Rd
cont. on Snortin Ridge Rd
L on Clear Creek Rd
R on Revenge Rd
L on S Broad @ prison
cont. on Christmas Rock Rd
L on Hamburg Rd
R on Delmont
(quick way home:
R on 22E, L on 33W)
------------------------------
(back roads home)
cont. on Delmont @US-22
L on Crumley Rd
R on Mt Zion Rd (to end)
L on Lithopolis Rd NW
R on 317N Hamilton Rd
L on  33W

(written directions are similar to map but not exactly identical, the back road rural way home in the written directions is shown on the map as the way to get there).

Starts out casual country roads that are nice with curves.  Then turns to big roller coaster hill straight roads, then back roads that have a few curves but bumpier road surface, then at the prison the roads get really good!  Once you get on 374, things are all smooth pavement after that for the most part and EXCELLENT roads, curves, scenery.

There are many cliffs and waterfalls hiking spots you can stop at. Bring the lady and make a day of it!  Lots and lots of curves and scenery. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...