A+ Purchase Experience at Pony Powersports

C-bus

Had a great experience purchasing a new ride from the Iron Pony today. I have been thinking of getting a quad for some time now. During my last visit to the Pony, I found exactly what I was looking for... A leftover 2013 Suzuki King Quad 4x4 with a plow already installed. There was already a decent markdown on it due to its year, but they went what I believe to be over and above to make the sale. The beauty of it all.... After my first visit and then a courtesy visit with my wife, all negotiations, credit approvals, etc... were done via email. I loved that, as I hate negotiating (and live people for that matter). Even better, when I went to fill out paperwork today (took 15 minutes.....yes, 15 minutes), their final price had come down even more. It's being delivered on Friday.

This is my 2nd new "bike" purchase in 26 months from them and both have been low-pressure, fair-price, experiences. I remain a fan.

Edited by C-bus

Those plates are fairly unobtrusive and do not need to be removed if it's a cycle country one or similar.  My father has never removed his from the '07 King Quad I bought for him.  He trail rides all over W.V. and it's never been an issue.

PS - Nice pickup.  If it's an AXi you will not be disappointed. :D

Edited by r1crusher
  • Upvote 1

Not so much the plate that got torn up on mine but the mounting bolts that hung down. Would catch on everything from, grass to roots and rocks and bent the hell out of them and bent the foot peg they were mounted to.

• Upvote 1

Not so much the plate that got torn up on mine but the mounting bolts that hung down. Would catch on everything from, grass to roots and rocks and bent the hell out of them and bent the foot peg they were mounted to.

Sounds like it's a different setup that the one used for a cycle country plow setup.  I installed ours with the u-bolt threaded ends facing up so the only thing hanging down from the plate were the tabs/ears where the push bar connected using simple pins.

This is similar to what we installed...

KOLPIN-CYCLE-COUNTRY-15-3541-POLARIS-PLO

To follow up.... Travis from the Iron Pony (salesman) actually came to my house to meet the delivery truck. He wanted to make sure that he went over everything with me at my convenience. I could not have asked for better service.

Sounds like it's a different setup that the one used for a cycle country plow setup. I installed ours with the u-bolt threaded ends facing up so the only thing hanging down from the plate were the tabs/ears where the push bar connected using simple pins.

This is similar to what we installed...

KOLPIN-CYCLE-COUNTRY-15-3541-POLARIS-PLO

Smack one of those tabs on a rock and that plate is toast.

My granddad has a plow on his quad. He always pulls the plate off to go four wheeling. It's only eight bolts. 10 minute job tops.

Edited by max power

Putting my wiring harness on the pilot this week. Was shopping for trailers....not sure where I'd store it when suddenly....... U-Haul. A motorcycle trailer is $15 for a 24 hour rental. That's 2 beers at a bar ( or a dozen at some of the places you Cretans frequent).

• 1 month later...

Putting my wiring harness on the pilot this week. Was shopping for trailers....not sure where I'd store it when suddenly....... U-Haul. A motorcycle trailer is $15 for a 24 hour rental. That's 2 beers at a bar ( or a dozen at some of the places you Cretans frequent).

Agreed, It's hard to beat U-Haul if you only need to transport a bike a few times a year, especially if you live only a few miles away like I do.