Nekid Gixxer

2talltim

Based on what? Have you ridden one? Best bike I've ever owned. I had a choice between a leftover 13 z1k and a 12 cb and after sitting on them, the cb won hands down.. Nimble, tons of power and torque, sure it won't do 180 but it'll keep up with supersports with 50 more hp from 0-100... What makes it a "bust"? Because it has less hp than the others? I'd be surprised if very many people here could even use the power it has to full potential. Shit, it wheelies in 1-3 wot. Stock suspension is fully adjustable and adequate for my big ass, at least as much as factory suspension can be. Brakes are adequate enough to lock up when you want to... I honestly can't think of one thing the gixxer does better, besides going in a straight line.. Can't be styling, the gixxer is pretty much an identical clone to my bike except no single sided swing arm... Just very curious why you think it's a bust.. We obviously all have our own opinions, not attacking you or anything, just puzzled

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Upvote 2

Agreed. I'd be happy to own the cb, gixxer, z1k, or BMW... And I would expect to pull similar times on any of them because my skill level doesn't match what any of them can do.. Just comes down to preference.. Just curious, aside from spec sheets, what makes the cb a bust compared to the other 3

Based on what? Have you ridden one? Best bike I've ever owned. I had a choice between a leftover 13 z1k and a 12 cb and after sitting on them, the cb won hands down.. Nimble, tons of power and torque, sure it won't do 180 but it'll keep up with supersports with 50 more hp from 0-100... What makes it a "bust"? Because it has less hp than the others? I'd be surprised if very many people here could even use the power it has to full potential. Shit, it wheelies in 1-3 wot. Stock suspension is fully adjustable and adequate for my big ass, at least as much as factory suspension can be. Brakes are adequate enough to lock up when you want to... I honestly can't think of one thing the gixxer does better, besides going in a straight line.. Can't be styling, the gixxer is pretty much an identical clone to my bike except no single sided swing arm... Just very curious why you think it's a bust.. We obviously all have our own opinions, not attacking you or anything, just puzzled

sales wise and mag reviews. But honda usualy gets ripped a new one anyway from most mag reviews . It always seems honda tries to build the jack of all trades amd we know what that means. Im sure its a fine bike to own and ive only been on one once but after owning hondas, they have no soul imo

Every naked is a bust here looking at sales... Seems like majority of people I see on sport bikes are just douchey posers who bought a Supersport to look cool... I'll be interested to see if maybe this new bike will be the one that changes it.. Give squids a reason to try naked bikes since it says gsxr on it

It does look a lot like the CB1000R, except for the headlight that looks like it came off of a Kawasaki ER-6N.

I like the CB.  It would have sold better in the US if it had another 20hp.  btw, here is an interesting read about Honda.  They don't seem too focused anymore on building bikes to match the tastes of US riders. 

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/blogs/wth-honda-megaphone

Honda simply isn’t building bikes for us anymore. Faced with ever-increasing pressure regarding emissions, economy, and resource scarcity, Honda is shifting focus from performance to practicality. At the same time it’s shifting focus from Western markets to predominantly Asian markets where two-thirds of the world’s population—and the bulk of future consumer demand—is centered. Raised on scooters and riding in congested urban environs that look nothing like where we ride, the machines are evolving to suit their tastes, not ours.

Every naked is a bust here looking at sales... Seems like majority of people I see on sport bikes are just douchey posers who bought a Supersport to look cool...

Hey, *I* didn't buy a supersport just to look cool!  

I bought a Sport-Touring bike to look cool!

• Upvote 1

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/blogs/wth-honda-megaphone

Honda simply isn’t building bikes for us anymore. Faced with ever-increasing pressure regarding emissions, economy, and resource scarcity, Honda is shifting focus from performance to practicality. At the same time it’s shifting focus from Western markets to predominantly Asian markets where two-thirds of the world’s population—and the bulk of future consumer demand—is centered. Raised on scooters and riding in congested urban environs that look nothing like where we ride, the machines are evolving to suit their tastes, not ours.

Interseting read. Sort of coincides with them stopping US motorcylcle production here in Ohio.

I don't know why naked bikes aren't more popular here in the states. I hate having all the plastic on the bike. More to break, more to wash, more to remove when changing the oil etc.

I think Butters is right about many buying the full fairing bikes for the bling factor. That look is tired IMO. I say, the 90's called, they want their bikes back.

The reasons I ride a supersport are for the high quality suspension components and the handling.  I couldn't care less about the appearance.

After going through it both ways, I'm happier with the results of  modifying a great handling motorcycle to be more comfortable, that trying to make a comfortable bike handle better.

Most naked bikes don't have suspension in the same league as a SS and they are typically heavier.  There are exceptions, like the Street Triple and S1000R.  I'd happily own either of those. 

That new Suzuki is interesting, but I don't see it doing any better than the cb1000r

I feel like those interested in a liter class sport naked, will look at euro brands. those interested in Japanese brands will look at supersports.

I don't doubt it will be a nice bike, but I won't be buying one. I prefer big twins, so the likes of ktm, Ducati and EBR have my attention.

The reasons I ride a supersport are for the high quality suspension components and the handling. I couldn't care less about the appearance.

After going through it both ways, I'm happier with the results of modifying a great handling motorcycle to be more comfortable, that trying to make a comfortable bike handle better.

Most naked bikes don't have suspension in the same league as a SS and they are typically heavier. There are exceptions, like the Street Triple and S1000R. I'd happily own either of those.

My ccomments weren't aimed at all supersport riders.. I'd imagine most people here are actual enthusiasts... Just talking about the people you see riding around in flip flops with their gold chain

Japanese just do not know how to build an appealing naked for the US market. The Europeans have given us the Tuono, Speed Triple, Super Duke, S1000R, and the Monster and Streetfighter. They basically just took their top end SS, and gave it better ergos. 

Lol my Honda was made in Italy.. Does that count? :lol:

If you count it!

I'm really not putting down the Japanese nakeds, they're actually great machines. Japanese always build a quality product.

I'm just speaking in what I think the us market would reflect in sales figures.

Unfortunately, most of what I see atop Japanese supersports are usually dressed in nothing more than an icon vest, ripped stone wash jeans, brand new bleach white tennis shoes that are untied, mechanix gloves, backwards ball cap and Oakley sunglasses. While I agree they are super cool looking... I doubt they're using the motorcycle for its intended/designed purpose.

And yes, I'm a total bike snob.

US market is all about bigger and better... I think blueskeyes hit the nail on the head.. It's all about how much hp is on the spec sheet... If these companies took their Supersport bikes and threw bars on them and removed fairings, they would sell much better, but would lose the fun factor that current nakeds have

US market is all about bigger and better... I think blueskeyes hit the nail on the head.. It's all about how much hp is on the spec sheet... If these companies took their Supersport bikes and threw bars on them and removed fairings, they would sell much better, but would lose the fun factor that current nakeds have

But Yamaha has figured out something with the FZ9. I just wonder how much of that is due to the price point.

• Upvote 1