Advanced Rider Course in Marietta

Zip

Snoop they have been. The state is trying to offer more classes. Here is one offering that might be a nice ride to and from class too.

Tonyblaze, the link has the official description. The short answer is the classroom covers headwork- rider risk analysis, decision making and riding concepts practiced on the range. The range covers maximum/threshold braking, decreasing radius turns and higher speed swerving and body position.

Zip

yea, I should have explained better... I took the Basic Rider course to get my license which I thought was pretty good. I then took the Basic Rider 2 course a year later which I didn't get a thing from. I read the description and that's all well and good but I was just wondering if anyone here had taken it and their overall impression of what they got out of it. I'll have to blow a workday and make a three hour hump to take it. 

Tonyb- full disclosure- I have taken it. I teach it too. So, I'm biased.

Instructors have to take it before we teach it. I've been a rider coach a few years and riding since 1986. I was able to refine my braking skills and definitely increase my turning control/safety margin. It also gave me a different perspective of my skill versus risk acceptance.

I would like to see more riders take it because I think it is a good experience and I'd like to see the class catch on. Right now, it is the next level of rider education for the more experienced rider that the State offers. I hope that Motorcycle Ohio will eventually offer the MSF/Kevin Schwantz school.

I plan on staying overnight after class. Hope you make it.

Zip

I'm not biased :crazy:

I took the ERC last year in Morgantown, what I think is now called BRC2. Anyway, the instructor told us there wasn't very much difference between the Basic courses and that we, the returning riders, should consider the ARC since it was a real step up in levels of skills taught.

The ARC is not taught often anywhere in the area. I was thinking that some day in the winter, I'd trailer my bike to Atlanta to the MSF center to take it. But a 20 minute ride, for me, sounds a lot better!

SNOOP - HA!!!  Many tears some guys used to call me Shoop-Dogg, but I think we're well past that era.

Chris

Has anyone taken the Advanced Rider course before? What's the rundown on it?

I did the ARC yesterday, in Columbus. 

The Marietta classes seem to be the final two ARC's

in Ohio, for this year.

Washington State Community College

710 Colegate Drive

Marietta OH, 45750

There are 11 seats left for this one.

8/9/2014 - 8/9/2014

Saturday(8/9) 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

And 12 seats left for this one.

9/6/2014 - 9/6/2014

Saturday(9/6) 07:00 AM - 04:00 PM

For $50 it's a day well spent.

There are maneuvers we may find necessary

to execute in a split second, in order to save

our hide, and our bike.  We take the BRC, and

then years go by without practicing how to

react in emergency situations.  We age, our

reaction time slows down, and we lose skills we

have not practiced. 

The ARC is a chance to

regain some skills, and give you things to practice

on your own, that may one day save your life,

and that of your pretty little side kick, snuggled

all up close behind you, when you are rounding

that blind curve, and suddenly find a deer standing

in the middle of the road. 

Edited by JackFlash

I'm still trying to get someone to cover my shift on Friday. Getting off Friday night, humping three hours on a naked at the crack of dawn on Saturday, 9 hours of class and then riding back ain't conducive to this 47 year old frame. I gotta be back at work Sunday or I'd stay over. 

Tony, there is also a class on 9 September also at Washington State in Marietta. If there aren't 6 people in the class, it will be canceled. I would hate to have you jump through hoops only to find the class is cancelled.

Zip

Tony, if you want, wait until Thursday and check back here. I will let everyone know if there are at least 5 signed up. You could be the 6th for the class and then it will be held. We need 6 signed up to hold the class.

Thanks T,

Zip

BUMP for crissakes!!!  

We need four more warm bodies, I mean students who want to learn to avoid and or maneuver out of situations, so this 8/9 session doesn't get cancelled. :wreck:

Chris