2013 Blue FZ1 - Columbus

ScubaCinci

Looks nice but I am guessing he will have a bitch of a time getting $8000 for that bike.

but that's his payoff amount!  I like how he also admitted that he couldn't afford it, and was counting on overtime to make the payments. <eyeroll>  I don't understand people who finance non-essential items.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand people who finance non-essential items.

That's why I don't have a bike I drool over.  I can't see

writing a check to a finance company when snow is flying

and the bike is gathering dust in the garage for four months.

That's why I don't have a bike I drool over.  I can't see

writing a check to a finance company when snow is flying

and the bike is gathering dust in the garage for four months.

That is why you ride all season if it is above freezing and the roads are dry. ;)

• Upvote 2

but that's his payoff amount!  I like how he also admitted that he couldn't afford it, and was counting on overtime to make the payments. <eyeroll>  I don't understand people who finance non-essential items.

Ditto, though "financially sophisticated" buyers might do it if the rates are super low, there are no financing fees, taking the loan doesn't diminish bargaining leverage, there isn't a parallel cash-off offer (i.e. 0.9% financing OR $500 off), and there isn't a high opportunity cost of paying cash (like if you can GUARANTEE a higher rate of return elsewhere with the cash).  But that's a LOT of ANDs and very few people have the discipline to be honest with themselves about that chain.  Most people will start that analysis and convince themselves they can afford more bike than they can.

In casually looking for a larger scoot for my GF, we ran across an add from an older woman, a widow who wants the payoff amount for a late-model Vespa GTX300.  Beautiful bike, but no way worth that amount.  I feel bad for her.  But not enough to pay off the note.

Edited by smccrory

• 3 weeks later...