New member on a FZ1 - NW Columbus

OSUFZ1

Mine is 2004.  Love the thing. 

I have a friend with a 2005 with top/side hard Givi bags.  He is moving and doesn't want to fuss with moving the bike.  So I am looking to sell mine and turn around and buy his.  I'll post up my sale once I meet the 30 day/30 post requirement. 

Wanna fill us in on your history of bikes? 

What'd you start on?

What do you wish you still had?

What made the FZ1 appealing to you and

are you as happy with it as you hoped you

would be?

Learned to ride on a Yamaha YZ80 as a kid. 

Got the moped at 14 :) 

Bought a Yamaha 750 street bike out of college.

Looking for something with power, handling and friendly ergos I bought the FZ1 in 2005 brand new from Lancaster Sport Cycles. I love the bike. Sport bike fun with all day comfort.

39K miles on the bike and never had an issue. 

• Upvote 1

First Generation (2001-2005) FZ1 is a fantastic motorcycle. Yamaha hit the mark with comfort and performance. Its perfectly happy touring, dragging knee, taking to the strip, or just commuting. It does everything well and is as smooth as any I4 out there.

Thought I wanted a Ninja 1000, but after living with both for the first half of the riding season, I enjoyed getting on the fizzer more than the Ninja 1000. Don't get me wrong the Ninja is a great motorcycle, it just did not hit the mark as well as the FZ1.

Edited by whaler
  • Upvote 1

I loved mine!  It was smooth and handled well.  Also, very dependable even though she is cold blooded!

Hey sorry to hear about you and the gravel patch. I was rooting around this site and saw your pics. Gravel is everyone's nightmare in a turn.  Fast healing to you. 

• 2 weeks later...