Deals Gap 2015

Casper

The dates will most likely be June 4-7, 2015 so put it on your calendar early.

Do we want to stay at Fontana Village again?

Should we try to get other forums/groups to join us and make a larger "rally" style event?

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Gripes? I want to hear your input. What do you like about the weekend, and what would you like to see done different next year?

Event is setup and ready for reservations. All event info will be kept up to date in the event on the calendar. This way people who sync the OR calendar with their mobile devices won't have to search for the info. Please RSVP on the event so we can keep a head count (on the right side of the event page). 

http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/calendar/event/705-ohio-riders-invades-deals-gap/

New thread here: http://ohioriders.net/index.php?/topic/105961-ohio-riders-invades-deals-gap-2015/

I like keeping it just ORDN too. We are closer knit than most forums.

Unless you're thinking the Junkies. I'm friends with many there too and they are knit like us...... But I know there can be minor issues there. Not everybody is lovable on both sides of the fence like the magically delicious midget leprechaun :lol:

• Upvote 1

Ordn for sure. I like Fontana but wouldn't be sad to see it somewhere new. I'm really really hoping whatever new job I get I'm able to make this and a Hawaii trip in June all work

Unless you're thinking the Junkies. I'm friends with many there too and they are knit like us...... But I know there can be minor issues there. Not everybody is lovable on both sides of the fence like the magically delicious midget leprechaun :lol:

I haven't stopped in on their forum in some time, but every junkie I meet in-person is always decent enough to hang out with.  I've definitely had more positive interactions with them than negative.  /$.02

I would foresee the groups splitting up for rides down there anyway. 

Timing is good, I don't care who comes, and as far as the cabins go I don't think we're going to find it better place to accommodate us at that price. I know we've had our problems, the 3 bedroom cabins were definitely better this year, biggest complaint about this year is not having us all together. Actually thinking about going down for the whole week next year and bringing the whole famn damily.

Edited by 2talltim

On the calendar. I think Fontana is the only place that fits the size of our group and price point we are looking for. I have been searching the webz and have found nothing in the area that has location, price point and size that fits our gathering. We would have to split into smaller groups of 10 - 15 to keep the price point and location.

Fontana is close, cheap, and big enough for the whole group. If we can get another group to join to book more cabins and bring price lower I would be fine with that.

+1 it would be better to have a block of cabins rather than scattered.

I couldn't find any accommodations big enough for the group on that other lake. The cabins are mostly independently owned. I like Fontana over that yuppie lodge we looked at.

I vote we invite the ninjettes (there are a few one here) I would love to see a bunch of little bikes. We are considering this, our kid graduates in May!

Edited by snot

I know people have ridden 450's down there - would it be absurd (or draw police attention) to ride a 100?

I could gear it so that it would hit 50+, but not much more.

Not sure if that would be as annoying as riding with a 70mile range VROD down. That's why I've not ridden down yet. That and time off was more than I could take

I want to make this event next year for sure. My birthday is the 3rd, so would be a relaxing 30th birthday vacation. 

That is, of course, if I have a bike.  

(Yes I'll have a bike)

Edited by DerekClouser