Family runs over Geeks and gets away with it

Sapphy

http://gawker.com/woman-struck-by-car-during-san-diego-zombiewalk-chaos-1611824364

Depending on where you read about this, you will get a slightly different story.  I linked this one because of the videos of the incident.  It is clear the guy was being an ass hat.  Sure it sucks getting caught is mixed traffic like that, but to me this is attempted murder on the drivers side. 

I heard this on the radio, and have not watched the video yet.

I had a somewhat similar case at work.  From what I have heard, I would charge everyone.  The 'zombies' are acting disorderly (physically offensive condition that serves no lawful purpose), but you can't respond to that kind of action by driving the car over them.  That whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing applies even when you end up taking the worst of it.

I had a somewhat similar case at work.  From what I have heard, I would charge everyone.  The 'zombies' are acting disorderly (physically offensive condition that serves no lawful purpose), but you can't respond to that kind of action by driving the car over them.  That whole "two wrongs don't make a right" thing applies even when you end up taking the worst of it.

They were only in the wrong for blocking the intersection...nobody hit the guys car until he started pushing through the crowd in it knocking people over...yea they were being cunts for blocking the road - but the guy in the car just plowed through them...he needs to be charged for assault with a deadly weapon against everyone he hit

Edited by Steve Butters

This is where the report differs.   Some reports say the driver started to "push" through before people started interacting with the car, the driver says they were attacked first and it scared the kids.  The Video looks as if  the driver was "pushing" before anyone interacted with the car.  But I was not there and can't see the whole thing, so I can only speculate.  But car vs human is a very shitty move.

the fact he went into a honking tirade and then started driving into the group shows enough....he wasnt parked and surrounded, he drove into that group...i would have broke his windshield too if he was pushing me with his car...he had to of been pushing before anyone interacted with the car, if he had stayed parked where he was, he wouldnt have even been arms reach from anyone to interact with his car

• 3 weeks later...

Driver started the confrontation and should answer for it.  You can't use deadly force in a confrontation you started.

I wonder how long he'd been there (although that doesn't justify him using the car to bully people.

Charge the zombies with disorderly conduct (their instructions stated not to block traffic).

Charge the driver with assault with a deadly weapon (a car should never be used in that manner).

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am not justifying. Not making excuses. Don't give a shit about the outcome........

But must also consider he is deaf, his children in car are deaf. I have a deaf friend. Situations like this are different to them. You and I can hear what the crowd is saying, they cannot. My friend reacts differently than I would to group situations too because he has no idea what the crowd is shouting just knows they are by facial and breath movements. He cannot tell if shouts of joy, anger, aggression, welcoming etc. Factor that in with the fact this guy also had his children in car as well. My friend always retreats from crowds because of the unknown. This guy had cars behind and a crowd in front and his kids to think about. We with hearing have no understanding of what that situation was like for him. I can't say that my deaf friend wouldn't have done something similar by the way I've seen him panic. This guy also went straight to a cop as the news said, shows fear, he was looking for a cop.

Easy to judge, hard to judge accurately when you've no idea what it's like to be deaf.

Carry on.

• Upvote 1