Riders Down

whaler

Derek Closer (derekclouser) and Ray Waible (wolfman1) went down this afternoon on route 56 at the intersection of route 356...major stones and gravil.

Derek is OK and with me, but Ray took a chopper ride. He was responsive and could move all limbs, and was joking with us. He did have major back pain, as he grazed a tree on the way off the road.

Please keep Ray in your thoughts.

Will update when I know more about Rays condition.

Edited by whaler

I'm a bit sore. Basically coming through that corner and had it leaned well over tried to change lines to avoid a ton of gravel. Back tire slid out, tried to counter steer out of the high side and ran out of real estate on the road. Grabbed all front at that point and bike endo'ed and I flew over the handle bars and in to a 20 foot rivine. Ray low sided in the same corner. He was unlucky and hit a tree at the top the rivine. Looks like he will be okay just a broken back bone that seems minor and some road rash. I'm just a bit sore. I was recording so when we get home I'll look to see if the camera footage withstood the accident.

Good news. Ray is being released tonight. He had some rash on his knee, elbow, and Palm. He was wearing a textile jacket, gloves, and jeans. Broke a minor bone in his back which doesn't appear to be anything serious. They are releasing him tonight so we are going to pick him up shortly.

Ray's bike is for sure totaled but my bike may be salvaged. Frame and forks seem good but that's still to be determined.