Anyone here have an FFL (for purposes of shipping)

redkow97

I'm sure we have a member who charges a reasonable fee to act as the sales intermediary for online firearms purchases, no?

the 22 target pistol that was up for sale in another thread got me looking at the cheap-ass phoenix arms HP22a again.  3" and 5" barrels for $150...  Not an ideal carry firearm, but I love the idea of having more guns without needing to stock additional calibers of ammo in my house.

I'm sure we have a member who charges a reasonable fee to act as the sales intermediary for online firearms purchases, no?

the 22 target pistol that was up for sale in another thread got me looking at the cheap-ass phoenix arms HP22a again. 3" and 5" barrels for $150... Not an ideal carry firearm, but I love the idea of having more guns without needing to stock additional calibers of ammo in my house.

Had one, hated it , sold it for half if what I paid for it that's how bad I hated it. Too many safetys, the magazine never seemed to fit right, pain in the ass to disassemble and clean, stove piped the previous casing at least one in twenty, heavy for its size, and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Maybe mine was the dud but I'll never buy phoenix again.

we'll talk. 

is route 83 a decent riding road? 

It is, but the good parts are south of Millersburg.

Had one, hated it , sold it for half if what I paid for it that's how bad I hated it. Too many safetys, the magazine never seemed to fit right, pain in the ass to disassemble and clean, stove piped the previous casing at least one in twenty, heavy for its size, and I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Maybe mine was the dud but I'll never buy phoenix again.

I've had one of these for about 15 years.  The design is odd, the materials are mediocre, and there are a weird assortment of safeties as mentioned above.  However, it functions well and is surprisingly accurate.  I've put close to 1,000 rounds through it with very few problems.

It's good for a cheap pistol.  I like it for what it is.  It's cheap enough that I wouldn't lose sleep if it got lost at the bottom of a lake on a camping trip.  

A shop in N Ridgeville had new TCPs for $199.  Build quality is far superior to Phoenix. 

yeah, I was looking at other cheap pistols, and the reviewer casually mentioned that the TCP is  (in his opinion) the best compact pistol available.  He's basing that on the fact that his shop rents all the popular pocket pistols, and the Taurus is the only one that hasn't had some sort of failure in over 10,000 rounds.

That's an endorsement if I've ever heard one!

Which shop, if you remember? 

yeah, I was looking at other cheap pistols, and the reviewer casually mentioned that the TCP is  (in his opinion) the best compact pistol available.  He's basing that on the fact that his shop rents all the popular pocket pistols, and the Taurus is the only one that hasn't had some sort of failure in over 10,000 rounds.

That's an endorsement if I've ever heard one!

Which shop, if you remember? 

Creekside in N Ridgeville.  On Lorain, near Root Rd.

You'll get lots of different opinions on compact .380s.  I'd have a real hard time calling the TCP the best.  I am not a big Taurus fan, that said I own one and it's reliable.  IMO, Taurus is hit or miss (pun intended).  If you get a good Taurus you may never have a problem.  If you get a bad one it may need several trips to Taurus to get sorted out.  Taurus does have good warranty and good service, but by the time to pay to ship it you might have been able to just buy something a bit nicer.

For my money, the best compact .380 is the S&W Bodyguard (I have), or the Kahr CW380/P380 (I want).  The LCP is also solid, and the Glock 42 is nice but larger than most pocket pistols.

For my money, the best compact .380 is the S&W Bodyguard (I have), or the Kahr CW380/P380 (I want).  The LCP is also solid, and the Glock 42 is nice but larger than most pocket pistols.

+1 - you won't go wrong with any of those.  Personally, I picked the latest-gen LCP for its super-light weight, plus I couldn't afford the P380, the CW380 wasn't shipping and my hand didn't like the BG380, but those were personal decisions.  Like I said, any of the others would be great picks too.

+1 - you won't go wrong with any of those.  Personally, I picked the latest-gen LCP for its super-light weight, plus I couldn't afford the P380, the CW380 wasn't shipping and my hand didn't like the BG380, but those were personal decisions.  Like I said, any of the others would be great picks too.

I recently had a Kel-tec PF9, and sold it to buy the new Bodyguard 380 WITHOUT laser. It's cheaper than the laser version and you get two mags.

I recently had a Kel-tec PF9, and sold it to buy the new Bodyguard 380 WITHOUT laser. It's cheaper than the laser version and you get two mags.

I'm actually thinking about doing the same. I love it but it's pretty damn heavy for pocket carry in the summer

I'm actually thinking about doing the same. I love it but it's pretty damn heavy for pocket carry in the summer

I really like the holsters from this website http://www.pocketholsters.com/ My brother and dad both have Keltec P-32's and have no problem in summer with these pocket holsters. My BG380 is slighter larger, but not by much.

I have the LCP and like it, would have gone with the BG but they only had the laser model and Im not into lasers.    The LCP is smaller and conceals better IMO, BUT the BG is a tad more stable in shooting being a tad wider/biggier.  By bigger I mean more fitting to a hand, the LCP is basic, nothing more, but it goes bang, every time and I like mine.

I carry it IWB with an Aliengear holster and can barely tell it's there.  My coworker has a BG and says the same thing carrying in the same holster.  If they had had the BG for 299 when I got my LCP for 299, I would've gone BG to be honest.  But I have no complaints on my LCP.