Bought a new bike

Tpoppa

I've had reservations about these since they came out, but curiosity got the better of me.  It also helped that I found a smoking deal on a used VFR1200 (normal gearbox) with hard bags. I like it a lot more than I expected.  What's good about these just doesn't stand out on a spec sheet.

• The chassis is the high light.  It's uber stable in high speed sweepers.  Handling is totally neutral with predictable steering.  It's capable of knee dragging.
  • Build quality is through the roof.  Even better than other Honda's
  • You can throw a leg over it for the first time and feel immediately comfortable after just a mile or 2.
  • The 1237cc V4 is deceptively fast.  I found myself doing 110 in the highway without trying.  It was effortless and just felt like cruising speed.   170hp at the crank.  145-150 rwhp and loads of torque.
  • IMO, It doesn't need to weigh 590lbs (wet), but the weight doesn't affect the handling as much as you would think.

If your body doesn't agree with a RR anymore and you can't wrap your brain around a ST1300 yet...you should test ride a VFR12.

• Upvote 1

I havnt heard anything about the vfr12's, and didn't know much about them.

That sounds badass! I'm jealous!

I'm going to start keeping an eye out for these as a replacement to my k1200.

Cool. Those will be bikes like the Hawk GT and others that in 15 years people will say, "How come more people didn't buy these?" For me, it was the $. As mentioned, time solves that problem.

• Upvote 1