Digital Ocean Hosting

Casper

I'm testing out a new hosting company, Digital Ocean. I'm evaluating whether to start using them for our hosting or not. You may notice their banner in the rotation up top. This links to our referral link. If you sign up with them and deploy, once you reach $25 in billing we will receive a credit for $25. If you tinker with anything requiring servers, they are cheap and fast. It could be a way for you to help us cover the costs of the hosting. 

For a little background, when I started Ohio Riders, I started it on GoDaddy shared hosting plan. We quickly outgrew it. Since then, I've battled different hosting companies, virtual servers, dedicated servers, colocations, etc. All ended up with extended periods of downtime. A while back I moved everything in house, literally. It's hosted in my basement currently. Well, if all goes well, I'm finishing my basement soon and don't plan on having loud ass servers running down there while I try to work in my new home office. I deploy high-availability database/website solutions for a living, so I figured what better time than now to start moving Ohio Riders in that direction. So that's what I'm starting to look at doing. 

The referral link:

https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=0037d6befe1c

• Upvote 1

It's not even that loud, but when the electric goes out, kaos ensues and people start threatening to jump off of bridges.

congrats on taking a step in a professional direction. :lol:

I was about to text you and ask who the hell digital ocean was.

My very low traffic site is hosted on blue host. Might switch but need cheap. I'll look at it

Starts at $5/mo for a way better environment than the shared hosting plans. Dedicated CPU and memory instead of shared, and on SSD disks.