STT TrackFest 2014 @ Gingerman 8/16 - 8/18

EvIL TWiN

NEWS FLASH!!!! NEWS FLASH!!!!

Trackfest is going back to its roots...even the price!

STT's first Trackfest was only $99.00 a day a decade ago. It's only fitting we remember our roots for this event.

It's been a long haul for many track day orgs and we were no exception. However, we are now stronger than ever, so we figured it was time to show some appreciation. What better venue/event than our northern flagship event for 2014? 

Welcome back to Trackfest!!

http://www.sportbiketracktime.com/Michigan-Track-Time-Events/

Man, I know, it's such a great deal!!  

Trackfest is returning to its former status filled with vendors, friends, and fun. DJ, Pig roast, Pit Bike Run, Mock Races, demos, free swag, giving away lots of track days and much more!

Gingerman is one of my favorite tracks. It's like a little hidden secret about this local track. It is a very technical track, but flows oh so nice. It has two fast straights, left double apex, right double apex, right decreasing radius, right carousel, left fast sweeper, elevation changes, huge paddock area, camping, electric, garages, plus you can see the whole track from the watch tower and 70% from the stands - crap, I got myself all excited now!!!! I can't wait!!!

tempting.  I will be on vacation over the 2 days surrounding the weekend prior, so spousal unit may  not be wild about me taking off right away.  But I have yet to ride the new layout, and you can't really argue with $99...

What's capacity for this type of event?  Is it going to sell out completely?  

Yes, it is expected to sell out completely and what that was at the regular price.

I would assume it would sell out quicker then usual.  Probably 2 weeks prior to the event if I had to guess, but last time I check, people were buying dates because of the good deal now.   So, the sooner the better.  I would lock in your days as soon as possible so you don't get sold out or miss out on the good $99.00 deal  And $99.00 for Gingerman is a good deal.

It's sure to be a great event!   I'm just giving the heads up.  

Edited by whatnow

I don't think Gingerman ever sold out. Everyone complains about the cracks. Doesn't bother me as most of the lines isn't affected by it when you are leaned over. But $99 is a great deal. $280 weekend bundle for 3 days is an awesome deal. Will wait to pull the trigger as it gets closer.

I don't think Gingerman ever sold out.

It definitely has. A bunch of us were there a few years ago for the unofficial ORDN track day.   Every group was OVER-sold.  (which is the type of thing I have been led to believe the 'new' management has corrected and eliminated.  I'm looking forward to riding with them.)

It definitely has. A bunch of us were there a few years ago for the unofficial ORDN track day. Every group was OVER-sold. (which is the type of thing I have been led to believe the 'new' management has corrected and eliminated. I'm looking forward to riding with them.)

OK. Didn't know that. I want to jump on this but would like to wait till after my next track day. Hopefully will see some of you guys there.

it would be great to get a big Ohio Riders group.  We could pit together and set up camp in the same part of the paddock.

I am debating which day(s) to ride, but I would entertain the notion of sticking around for an extra night just to hang out if people are going to be around.

I don't think Gingerman ever sold out. Everyone complains about the cracks. Doesn't bother me as most of the lines isn't affected by it when you are leaned over. But $99 is a great deal. $280 weekend bundle for 3 days is an awesome deal. Will wait to pull the trigger as it gets closer.

Not sure how long it's been since you came out, but the last Gingerman event was in fact oversold.

Also, the cracks have been been fixed and they also repaved the back half section with the extension so its nice and smooth there!

FYI, For Saturday and Sunday (8/16 & 8/17) Intermediate and Novice are about 91% sold out as of today.  Advanced both days still have some room left.  Monday all groups are still available, but also filling up.  When the days are sold out, we won't be able to sell spotstrack side, so get them while you can!

Guess I spoke to soon.  Intermediate on the 17th is SOLD OUT. Novice & intermediate on the 16th and Novice on the 17th we only have a few spots left now.  Advanced group we still have some spots left on both days.  I'm sure they will be gone soon.

Not sure how long it's been since you came out, but the last Gingerman event was in fact oversold.

Also, the cracks have been been fixed and they also repaved the back half section with the extension so its nice and smooth there!

I stand corrected. My wife says I'm wrong all the time so it's not surprising.

We are in barring any major issues.  I'll be there with my personal R6, the bossman will be there breaking in new parts and testing setup numbers on both the AMA DSB Triumph 675R 2013 and 2014 bikes. 

- Nathan

• 2 weeks later...