Throttle Lock

wikiwiki750

I have the first one as i bought it from iron pony and it works really good i think.

you can pair it with a cramp buster also as those really help also.

How does it work? You just set your speed and lock the throttle with that button in the front?

This is timely, as I'm musing about throttle locks again.  So far I've really enjoyed Throttle Rockers.

not to thread-jack, but can you elaborate on the throttle rocker?  My hand tends to get numb, and any additional way to reposition it would seem helpful.

How does it work? You just set your speed and lock the throttle with that button in the front?

You flip that lever up with your thumb and that locks the throttle. So it is not cruise control..you will drift up and down on hills. But they work very well. Used them for years.

I know several people that have the second one. Same principle and it too works well.

The third is extremely popular, it doesn't lock but lets you use the weight of your palm so you can relax your fingers.

The third is extremely popular, it doesn't lock but lets you use the weight of your palm so you can relax your fingers.

Tonik answered for me - I like the rocker because it lets me open and flex my fingers without rolling off the throttle. Even just a few flexes every few minutes makes a huge difference. You just have to adjust the position until it stays out of the way at low throttle while providing leverage at cruising speeds.

Ever since I broke / dislocated my thumb on my throttle hand 2 years ago my hand goes numb very quick. I have the one in the 3rd link that I've been leaving on pretty much all the time now as it helps immensely. I used to only use it when I knew I was stabbing

Max power and I use the cramp buster. Its nice when you need it and extremely simple. Takes a little getting use to and you'll accidentally goose it a few times though.

• Upvote 2

so the throttle rocker - do you put it all the way on the outside end of the bar, or on the inside by the starter button? 

I feel like it would be easier to avoid on the inside of the grip, but also weird to use it there...

You flip that lever up with your thumb and that locks the throttle. So it is not cruise control..you will drift up and down on hills. But they work very well. Used them for years.

I know several people that have the second one. Same principle and it too works well.

I looked it up online and they said the first throttle assist wouldn't fit my gsxr 750 bar. 

my last long ass haul murdercity to SEO and back i used Go Cruise, cheap among them at under 20$ and very effective

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/go-cruise-throttle-control/

i used to use crampbuster but was difficult to use in a sense that ur right hand always have to work and cannot rest actually.

With this you can rest up while left hand on handle, also no hand if you feel like it :D

And it will slow down over a while but u get enough rest.

Edited by NinjaDoc

I have used throttle rockers for years with no problems. While cruising, you can keep the throttle open with two fingers on the bar end and your thumb on the rocker. Then when it gets twisty time, just move over and grab the grip like normal. 

Also have used various locks and they are great for the long haul. On my Valk, I have it set as a dead man's throttle... i.e. the lock is set somewhat snug where the throttle stays where you put it. Its ez to roll down the road hands off. Then, you have to remember to shut down the gas when slowing down. No big deal, once you get uses to it.  

Edited by mello dude

Max power and I use the cramp buster. Its nice when you need it and extremely simple. Takes a little getting use to and you'll accidentally goose it a few times though.

I have one as well. Use it for longer highway rides but that's it.

Definitely have accidentally goosed it a few times.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought the cheaper throttle lock off of amazon and it's great. It's not meant to be a constant throttle lock or cruise control but it's great to rest your hand for a little while. I've used it out on the back roads but not on the highway yet. To use it effectively I've found that it needs to be as flat as possible on the bar and not up near the thumb where the grip starts to curve. Very happy with the $20 purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/2Wheel-Ride-GC-1-Motorcycle-Throttle/dp/B0055QOKC8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1403011775&sr=8-2&keywords=motorcycle+cruise+control+throttle+lock

^^^^ That's kinda cool --- kinda hard to tell what is going on....

It's basically a friction ring to lock the throttle at any opening. The screw is a coarse thread for fine adjustment. On my bike a half turn on flat ground equates to about 2-3mph.

I could do a video with the engine running to audibly hear the difference in rpm if someone wanted it