Any house painters here?

Casper

Dude it will be cheaper to buy a ladder. Painting is one of the most grossly overpriced jobs out there, and also the easiest to do yourself. We put in new windows last spring and the trim outside needed repainting after. Got a quote from someone I knew for over a grand. To paint the trim around 16 windows...obscene.

I used to paint houses. Those tall ceilings are one of the hardest things to do, but there are worse. Figure out what you need for scaffolding and get it done. Carefully.

edit: worse is steep pitched roofs like in German village or Italian village, where you have to tie yourself to a counterweight to stay on the roof. Scarey stuff.

Edited by ReconRat

Is it a large area, or just the walls and ceiling over the stairs?

Really all I need is the trim along the ceiling above the stairs. I can roll the rest with a pole. Just can't get high enough to trim.

We had the same issue. Do you have an upstairs wall over or near the first stair? We do, so we used a tall ladder with the base near the middle of the stairs. The top of the ladder was leaned against the upstairs wall. We made a platform using 2 old 2x6s and an old piece of plywood that we had laying in the garage. We put the platform into the ladder. Trimming was obviously the hard part. Then we used a roller with a pole to get the majority of the wall.

Edited by Connie14

Call Chad Walters and tell him I sent you. 614-two zero six-2483, he owns Spectrum Commercial coatings. Tell him I said you would like to see if he has someone on the side, after you speak with him let me know and I will make a follow up call to him to make sure you are taken care of.

I can only tell you who NOT to use, Bill Day from Reynoldsburg area.  Owns Day's Painting, we tried to use him, total nightmare.  I wont even go into details because the nightmare still isn't over as we find paint specks daily in random places like our brand new flooring.  Luckily in 35 days we won't be there anymore.