FT: XR100 FMF PowerCore and Moxi filter for stock and cash

Casper

I have an FMF PowerCore exhaust that's fully wrapped and a Moxi cone filter I'd like to trade for a stock exhaust, air box, and a little bit of cash (negotiable).

You're still running F3 on Saturday, right?

I sure hope he does!!

If the airbox works, I am willing to do this.  I am traveling down to meet Paul (Attackpainter) and drop plastics off for paint.  I could leave with him...

Let me know what the price you were thinking.  I don't want to be spending a ton.  I can get the exhaust at below dealer from a buddy who is a rep...

Get used to it, Gavin is very fast...and mark my words, he will race in the big league's someday!

not until he learns to stick his knee out more :p

Gavin has tons of talent, but his size is a double-edged sword right now.  on the one hand, he's 100 lbs. smaller than me.  That helps him under acceleration a bit, but it also means less lateral acceleration in the turns.  Those of us who are that much larger will lose traction at a lower speed, because we're taxing the grip of the tires more.  On the flip-side of that coin, where Gavin suffers right now is that he's not tall enough to reach down with his knee and save front-end washouts.    IF he does lose traction, he's probably too-far gone to recover it.

I am by no means awesome on an XR, but especially in the clockwise configuration at CRP, I routinely push/chatter the front end through the turn entering the back straight.  Knee on the ground, it's no big deal.  if your knee is up, it won't be for long, because you're tipping over.

That's one of my big goals for this year - get comfortable with the bike sliding all over.  And maybe keep Gavin in sight :D

Edited by redkow97
  • Upvote 1

lots of good XR/CRF100 footage from some talented (and other less talented) riders:

Thanks for posting that bad ass backing it in scene

Not like I wasn't already stoked to race this weekend... now I have to watch this clip 3x more times  :metal:  :flag:

Edited by bark615

If you didn't notice the name on the riding jersey, I'm pretty sure Zach Herrin was the smaller rider, and Aaron and Ashton Yates have been known to visit the MGKT.

So it's definitely something to aspire to, but don't beat yourself up too much if you fall a little short.

If you didn't notice the name on the riding jersey, I'm pretty sure Zach Herrin was the smaller rider, and Aaron and Ashton Yates have been known to visit the MGKT.

So it's definitely something to aspire to, but don't beat yourself up too much if you fall a little short.

I did not notice the names. :lol:

I did not notice the names. :lol:

That's ok, RK will teach ya as he apparently has it all figured out.  I think his comments about Gavin are pretty fun to read...  Get with Brian Conrad and he will point you to the right guys to learn off of.  Less egos...

I'm not even going to begin to critisize or try to point out what the kid is doing wrong because he's obviously not doing much wrong. He's not old enough to go to the buffet line at Golden Coral without a parent, not tall enough to ride 90% of the rides at Cedar Point or even touch the ground on an XR100 and he thru down a 55.8 without even trying. Passed me on the inside like it was his job and prob hasn't even had his first hard on yet. That kid has raw fucking talent. He doesn't need to get off the bike. Plenty of top GP guys don't get off the bike.

• Upvote 2

I'm not even going to begin to critisize or try to point out what the kid is doing wrong because he's obviously not doing much wrong. He's not old enough to go to the buffet line at Golden Coral without a parent, not tall enough to ride 90% of the rides at Cedar Point or even touch the ground on an XR100 and he thru down a 55.8 without even trying. Passed me on the inside like it was his job and prob hasn't even had his first hard on yet. That kid has raw fucking talent. He doesn't need to get off the bike. Plenty of top GP guys don't get off the bike.

Yahtzee!

• Upvote 2