Anyone ridden around the Tar Hollow area?

Chuck78

Looking for some more fun and twisty areas to ride near central Ohio, and I was curious if anyone has spent much time riding in Tar Hollow State Forest? There are a few major roads and state routes around the outskirts of Tar Hollow that look like they could be decent, but I am very curious about the backroads and park roads that run through the forest. Zaleski/Lake Hope park roads tend to be mostly gravel, so I was hoping to hear firsthand what they were like before I take a small group ride down that way en route to a vintage bike show at Williams Vintage Cycle Works in Xenia on May 24th.

Satellite map view in these areas zoomed in didn't seem to give me any definite answers. I do recall an old friend mentioning he and a group of riding buds were heading to tar hollow to ride, but never heard about the ride after.

I spent lots of time riding a motorcycle around Tar Hollow long before I had my license. Very twisty paved roads would be great for a motard, but you definitely need to watch your speed. Rangers.

180 from 56 to Tar Hallow is fun too. Watch for hillbilly dogs near the roadside trailers. I've run over a couple. They will dart out of the yards and try to bite your tires.

Alright so I read that north ridge & south ridge rd's & Tar Hollow rd are paved but narrow, but I was really looking to find out if a very twisty back way in was gravel, dirt, or bad tar& chipseal - Pole Ridge Rd to Pleasant Ridge Rd. Anyone have any clues? Google satellite view left me wondering. 56 to Blue Creek Rd hits Pole Ridge.