Fresh from the west coast

Calinazaret

Hi, I'm Julie and I just moved out from California. I was 100% moto for a number of years out there (no car) and the idea of not being able to ride for months on end has not fully sunk in haha. I was a member of the Bay Area Riders Forum (BARF).

But I love Ohio so far, and love riding so "Ohio Riders" sounds like a good place to hang out.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in Anaheim for work in a couple weeks. Any details on quality routes? Also, the best place to rent a sportbike?

Oh.. and, welcome. :)

Hey, I was born in Anaheim! But I've never ridden down there. Mostly I lived north by SF.

But highway 1 along the coast is always gorgeous. It's not always best for riding due to traffic, but it's right on the ocean from Oregon to Mexico. There's some good roads in the hills north east of LA. Remember that lane-splitting is legal in Cali! Because it's basically a necessity in the city.

Welcome to Notcalifornia!!!  You got here just in time to see what spring is like:  cold, hot, rainy, cold, dreary, sunny….well, you get the idea.

Not sure where you're located (presume C-bus) but if you get a chance, wander south to the Cinti/NKY area for some great twisties.

Won't make you stop pining for California roads, but will take some of the sting out of trading the west coast for the midwest.

And for more SW OH riding opportunities, join the Assfault Junkies forum (younger, more active crowd, race-oriented, some occasional unnecessary drama???) or LocalRiders forum (older, less active forum, day rides and week tours).

[says to self: "Why do I always note that LRs are 'older'?  Makes us sound slow and boring."]

Edited by Bubba

I'll be in Anaheim for work in a couple weeks. Any details on quality routes? Also, the best place to rent a sportbike?

Oh.. and, welcome. :)

Hey Pauly, when we were living out in California, I would ride the Ortega Highway a lot - worth checking out if your going to be in Anaheim.  Take the I-5 South to State route 74 and ride it into Lake Elsinore.  Be sure to stop at the Lookout Roadhouse for some lunch, iced tea, or to just check out the view of the Lake.  Other suggestions would be the Mulholland Hwy (check out the Rock Store) in the Santa Monica Mountains and the Angeles Crest Hwy (Rt 2) in the San Gabriel Mountains.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Notcalifornia!!! You got here just in time to see what spring is like: cold, hot, rainy, cold, dreary, sunny….well, you get the idea.

Not sure where you're located (presume C-bus) but if you get a chance, wander south to the Cinti/NKY area for some great twisties.

Won't make you stop pining for California roads, but will take some of the sting out of trading the west coast for the midwest.

And for more SW OH riding opportunities, join the Assfault Junkies forum (younger, more active crowd, race-oriented, some occasional unnecessary drama???) or LocalRiders forum (older, less active forum, day rides and week tours).

[says to self: "Why do I always note that LRs are 'older'? Makes us sound slow and boring."]

Thanks for the info! I'm about an hour due south of c-bus in the middle of nowhere lol. Going for a ride out if courthouse next weekend :-)

O yes and dont be put off by any leg humping that happens here. they will calm down in a few days. Look into the Epic Ride coming up in May. will be a huge meet and greet. and a Really awesome ride.