Mohican area....and...

Unk Greg

Just in, more riding today with this great weather. Roads, a few springs running across road, gravel bits are not too bad except for 520. It is still showing gravel strips down the center of lanes. Be careful.

Today's ride, SR60 north outa scenic Killbuck to SR39 west to Loudonville....portion of 39 was chipped and sealed last year from SR179 west to Loudonville village limits....packed in well, but I would be leery of too much lateral force in turns....loose the grapple.

Mohican state forest SR97 okay, only one spring running across road, good sailing to Bellville. Took back roads back to Mohican, not go fast roads. Back into Holmes on SR39 until Nashville. Turned south on SR514 to SR520 and back to the greater Metro Killbuck area.

Last nite, SR83 to Kershocton, no probs. as mentioned somewhere else SR60 closed by Coshocton, due to high water.....most likely at Blissfield, and look for it to reopen soon. You could chance it, or use my ole favorite back way up from Warsaw to Spring Mtn. and down the other side and come out in Layland...yer hosed however if water is across SR60 at the log cabin near USR62.....

Enjoy the weekend folks.

Just posted up....you can now get thru on the section of SR60...water down to edge lines....little damp in center line area.....three places. Well I only ran to Blissfield from Killbuck side....that's the lower section.

• Upvote 1

Mohican was one of my favorite rides last year.  Coming from Akron, it's pretty much 585 to route 3.  Nice little town Loudonville is.  Really nice people and delicious food!  Can't wait to go down again this year.

Always enjoy Loudonville and Mohican. Miss the bike show they use to have. Lodge has pretty good eats too.

Been following this thread as my riding buddies & I are always looking for the latest road info there & yes, the dining room overlooking the lake & marina couldn't be beat for our saturday evening meal, telling lies about the days' ride!  

When did they used to have the bike show?

Also, we're tentatively planning to attend the Flexible Bus Rally & would like to know where's the best viewing spots to watch the bus parade?

Thanks!

Bike Show used to be in late June. They closed down the streets and only bikes allowed in. Rib cook off and bar bands stuff like that. Not sure on the Flxible bus reunion though...hafta Google that one. Could try www.LoudonvilleChamber.com or www.DiscoverMohican.com

Lodge is great....I stop there frequently on bike ride. Gorge Overlook, covered bridge, dam and lake....ain't walked back to the Falls...if they would let dirt bikes back the trail....who-ha!

......oh, and they got a Whit's in the back of the Hanover House restaurant. There were quite a few bikes in town this Friday when we stopped for Burgers (Mohican Tavern)...prolee jus' everyone out riding.

If you are coming down SR3, ya got the Iron Pony Saloon at intersection of 3 and SR179. They have raised prices of a sort...salad extra with steaks now...still get the butt load of fries.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

DeansZG! Here ya go....

http://flxibleowners.org/

Pokey, we may have passed you guys ....two of ya headed south on 60?

There were 3 of us, was probably around 2ish. We were pulled off right at the beginning of 60, we had just finished coming off 520. Uncle Punk saw us and pulled over to yap with us for probably a good half hour. :)

Nope guess it wasn't youse guys....you'd be at the oil patch company? ....the big beaver lodge swamp.....sorry I missed ya. And UP too, wasn't sure he was alive any more....ha!

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

DeansZG! Here ya go....

http://flxibleowners.org/

lcbs,

yep that's the website we've looked at, just hoping you may have been there previously & had any recomendations...

Thanks for the heads-up about the Iron Pony!  been by there quite a few times & never even gave the place a thought...

Glad to see y'all finally have decent riding weather, and on a weekend, no less!

Good to hear from you, peeking thru your exploits. Friends from Ariz and Texas will some times mention that they had to turn on the air conditioner at home....while I am commenting on cold and snow.

Safe travels and have an absolute great time.