Just take it slow on the main corridor trails and you will be ok, the more towards Begley's campground end you get the steeper the hills are. Best advice I can give is take your time and have your son ride his own pace and just pull over to the side when someone gets behind you and let them pass safely.

• Upvote 1

The north end has less traffic, but I'd actually recommend starting out at door run.

There are smaller loops down there that you can ride that are beginner trails and you'll never be far from your vehicle if you want to take a break.

The trick with keeping kids interested in riding is to keep them in their comfort zone and not wear them out to quick. Lots of breaks and snacks/water.

I'm assuming your son is a beginner.

Edited by max power

Quit blowing all your money on cruises and get another quad, bubby.

Whhhaaattt? I gotta travel, plus half the cruise gets paid for with credit card reward points :D ..I thought about buying that 600 bandit and flipping it for a 4 whiller but i'm not sure i'll have time for any of it. Mama bear might have a new job with a new pay scale so maybe it will be sooner than later.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

The north end has less traffic, but I'd actually recommend starting out at door run.

There are smaller loops down there that you can ride that are beginner trails and you'll never be far from your vehicle if you want to take a break.

The trick with keeping kids interested in riding is to keep them in their comfort zone and not wear them out to quick. Lots of breaks and snacks/water.

I'm assuming your son is a beginner.

Just make sure you don't ride with ur snacks on u lol
  • Upvote 1

What is the best beginer trail / area?  My son and I are late to the game but plan on spending alot of time down there this season.

I'd recommend parking at the New Straitsville trail head. And riding the New Straitsville loop. What type of machine will you two be riding? Also there is a loading dock at that trail head, so no ramps are needed, if using the back of a truck bed. And you can ride your bike/quad into town for lunch!

/\/\ great tip about the dock, thanks.  I have an Avalanche with no ramp yet so that is perfect!  I heard the town is off road friendly, very cool.  Thank you!

N/p and the New Straitsville loop is marked as very easy, but can also be very fun. I think it's about a 3 mile loop, with lots of open high speed area's and some nice jumps! Plus there a few killer mud holes here and there if you wanna get dirty.

N/p and the New Straitsville loop is marked as very easy, but can also be very fun. I think it's about a 3 mile loop, with lots of open high speed area's and some nice jumps! Plus there a few killer mud holes here and there if you wanna get dirty.

Perfect!  And I'll have to swing in and grab the permits...