2011 Husqvarna TE-310 - Cincinnati

ScubaCinci

SOLD

I bought the bike used (462mi) earlier this year from a shop near Pittsburgh. I was able to get a few rides in but other obligations have kept me from getting much riding time in. I really like the bike but I don’t see getting a chance to ride much next year either and I’d rather not let it sit. I think I also want to get something that can carry a bit more luggage and hold a bigger tank. Probably a DRZ at some point. Fresh oil & filter change (<1 hour on it, full synth) and I just cleaned the air filter.
Anyway here’s the skinny.
> 2011 Husqvarna TE-310

> Clean OH title
> ASKING $5000 $4250
> 630 miles / 39 hours
> FMF Q pipe
> 13/48 sprocket gearing
> This is the first year that they started using the better Kayaba front forks.
> Tires are practically new, only ~170 miles on them. These are full knobbies, not DOT approved.
> Seat Concepts seat
> Heavier rear spring (I think for 200lb rider)
> De-smog
> JDJetting EFI tuner
> 12 port injector

All add-ons were done by PO. I have what I think are all the original parts including the seat (not pictured).

There are only a few disclosures I have about the bike (see image links above):

First is that a piece of the plastic on the headlight assembly is broken off from the PO. I didn't even notice it when I looked at the bike originally. It's cosmetic only and doesn't interfere with function or anything but it's obviously not as it was when new. I'm usually pretty anal about my stuff but on a dirt bike I kinda expect some beauty marks.

The fuel reserve light is on all the time regardless of the fuel level. I believe I know the root cause and resolution to it (LINK HERE) but I haven't had the opportunity to properly inspect/fix it. My plan was to make it a winter project. To this point I've just reset my trip meter and refuel by 60mi.

The PO put some hot glue(?) on the handguards. I have no idea why, maybe they were cracked or it was a preemptive move to mitigate breakage. They are pretty flexible and I had the bike fall over at a stop in some grass (forgot to put the stand down) and the handguard took the impact with no issue.

I've changed the oil (full synth) and filter as well as cleaned the air filter after every ride. Overkill but IMO worth the extra piece of mind. It only takes 1qt of oil so it's relatively inexpensive to change the oil/filter. I have an extra quart of the oil left that can go with the bike.

I have NOT checked the valves since I've purchased it but the shop I bought it from did check them and they did not need adjustment at the time. I've never raced the bike nor even come close to the rev limiter which is what usually leads to them wandering a bit. I'm 40 y/o and my rides tend to be more sane and relaxing than 20 years ago. It fires right up and runs smooth as you would expect from a bike with this few miles. I do have valve feeler gauges I can give you with the bike for checking the valve clearance. I have the PDF manual and workshop manual as well.

Edited by ScubaCinci

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Non Japanese dirtbike scares off many, hate to say it but me included. :(

I used to be the same way until I looked into them. Husky's and KTM's come with all high-end parts (Brembo brakes, Excel rims, etc) by default and their performance is top notch. I figure why buy a jap bike and then start replacing parts with better quality stuff.

I'd really like to have it and hate that this thread keeps getting bumped. It makes me sad everytime.

Sent while riding

Come get it! I may even be convinced to deliver at least part way :)

Edited by ScubaCinci

I get itchy for a different bike a lot. Over time, I've bought and sold many to scratch the itch but it never does. No bike does everything great. I've finally decided that the best way to address it is to have multiple bikes. I'd love to pick up a cheap Versys to pair with my Z1000 and use for commuting.