How Many Dual Sport Riders Do We Have Here?

Casper

Well, I'm out of Marysville, but I've lived here for all of 4 weeks so I have no clue what direction to head for a good time. If there's anything good west of columbus, smccrory and I could ride west to help meet you midway, Earache.

If we were to plan on hitting up true off-road trails and such (which I'd like to), I'll need to look into what (if any) registration I need to do to my motorycle to do that. Do you get a permit from the Department of Natural Resources or something?

I'm open Memorial Day weekend. I know others may have plans, but it's a 3 day weekend for me. Otherwise, throw out some dates and I can see what fits.

Justin

I'm open most weekends, so yea, throw out some date options.  Weather is always a consideration so we shouldn't be too scientific about it ahead of time.  With this kind of thing, sometimes it's just best to let folks know ahead of time that a few people plan to show up somewhere, and those who can join in, will.

Well, I'm out of Marysville, but I've lived here for all of 4 weeks so I have no clue what direction to head for a good time. If there's anything good west of columbus, smccrory and I could ride west to help meet you midway, Earache.

Western Ohio doesn't have a lot - prolly need to head southeast of Columbus.

I'd just toss the bike in the truck and head over that way.

I live in Loudonville and ride a WR250R I can show you guys some fun gravel/dirt roads just south of here. If anyone is interested let me know. Alan

You're just a 1:15 ride northeast from Westerville, so yea, I'd be delighted to take you up on your offer sometime.  Looks like a 1:30 ride from Marysville, 2.slow.

You're just a 1:15 ride northeast from Westerville, so yea, I'd be delighted to take you up on your offer sometime.  Looks like a 1:30 ride from Marysville, 2.slow.

I'd be down.

We could meet up north of columbus, and head that way. Maybe in Sunbury.

I am open the first two weekends in April...

Earache is out for the second weekend in April, but he's theoretically available for the 5th and 6th. If Earache and alansz400

are available, lets look into that. The weather on the 10-day predicts 50 degrees with low chance of precipitation.

Sundays work better for me. There are a couple guys from ADV rider and I meeting in Danville at 10 this sunday. Sounds like it might be a little cool in the morning. You guys can join in if you want. Meeting at the Lions Den BP.

Sundays work better for me. There are a couple guys from ADV rider and I meeting in Danville at 10 this sunday. Sounds like it might be a little cool in the morning. You guys can join in if you want. Meeting at the Lions Den BP.

I might be into that - I had planned to ride Sunday anyway.  Will you be taking your Strom or WR?

Not a bad excuse! :-)

Well, it's a worse excuse when you think about the fact that I'm buying this bike because I'm bored, and want to sell it to a friend to get him into sport touring riding...

Well, it's a worse excuse when you think about the fact that I'm buying this bike because I'm bored, and want to sell it to a friend to get him into sport touring riding...

You and I are gonna get along. I have 5 bikes in my garage right now. I'm keeping 2, one is a friend's I helped acquire, another is a rebuild I did a year ago which I dearly love but want to get another friend back into the sport, and another is one I bought for the purposes of chasing another new rider around while she learns to safely ride a scooter.

You and I are gonna get along. I have 5 bikes in my garage right now. I'm keeping 2, one is a friend's I helped acquire, another is a rebuild I did a year ago which I dearly love but want to get another friend back into the sport, and another is one I bought for the purposes of chasing another new rider around while she learns to safely ride a scooter.

That sounds very familiar... I once, sorry twice, bought a Ninja 250 to lend to friends to get them riding. Went on to sell both of those bikes...

With this Bandit I'll have my car and 3 bikes in a one stall garage, and a KLR650 back home in Minnesota...