How Many Dual Sport Riders Do We Have Here?

Casper

Well, I guess I'm getting serious about trading the Dl1000 in on a Super Tenre. That also means I want to sell the 426 as I just don't ride it anymore. It's plated and street titled but is a straight MX motorcycle. Finding someone crazy enough or good enough to really ride it just takes so much time. But that would take me down to an S10, 950SE and KLR650 mudder. :)

How much are you going to be wanting for the 426? Got any pics?

• 2 weeks later...

How much are you going to be wanting for the 426? Got any pics?

Yes, here are some pictures. I have over $2000 in it with the enduro kit but it hardly ever get ridden so I don't even keep it registered or insured now. I just moved it to the barn and it started right up and flew around the yard for a few laps. I'd say if someone offered $1600 I'd take it. :garagesale: 

Here it is at Crow Canyon (blueberry with pumpkin on top). LOL  

Pumpkinridingasmurf.jpg

here are some with it all cleaned up. ;)

yz4262011.jpg

yz4262011top.jpg

yz42620114.jpg

yz42620112.jpg

But mostly the 426 had to go to the barn to make room for this.  :D

Teneresideoffroad_zpsa216fa84.jpg

that tenere is UGLY lol.. but cool ass bike.

ive been kicking around the idea of a CRF250L

Great gravel road bike. Great on-road commuter. Not so much an off-road bike. I've been reading lots of reviews. There are much better bikes out there if you're wanting to do any trail riding. If you're looking to get lost in rural Ohio on some dirt/gravel roads then ride home it seems to be a sweet bike. 

that tenere is UGLY lol.. but cool ass bike.

ive been kicking around the idea of a CRF250L

You know that is what people said about the V-strom too. Lucky I am not someone who is worried about form over function. I want a bike that works not one that is nice to polish and show up at prom on. LOL

Great gravel road bike. Great on-road commuter. Not so much an off-road bike. I've been reading lots of reviews. There are much better bikes out there if you're wanting to do any trail riding. If you're looking to get lost in rural Ohio on some dirt/gravel roads then ride home it seems to be a sweet bike. 

Actually I've seen them get pretty aggressive off road and go places I wouldn't on the Vstrom due to lower engine clearance. True it is no 950SE, but then I already have one of those. ;-) 

Do you have the street tires for the 426 or just knobby's?

Just knobby's. Never intended to make it a street bike Like PonyJR did with his. As a street bike it's like riding a jet pack due to the explosive power. Besides 4 miles? Buy a schwin and save the gas. :bikeday:  

I think the SMT is going to be sold.

Kids want a boat and I should spend some time with them as the 14yr old won't be around much longer. But, a dirt bike is going to take its place.

I was looking at the KTM EXC and XCWs today. Getting ready to search for a XR650 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Chime in. Looking at putting a little something something together. 

I am.

I'm rarely on this site though.  Unlike Brian, I spend my online time at ADV rider.  

I'm always interested in dual sport rides though most seem to be on weekends and I typically work weekends, so I tend to do my own thing on weekdays.

The cheap ole Vstrom is great for that too. :)

I am.

I'm rarely on this site though.  Unlike Brian, I spend my online time at ADV rider.  

I'm always interested in dual sport rides though most seem to be on weekends and I typically work weekends, so I tend to do my own thing on weekdays.

NOT a fan of ADVrider!!!!!  :angry:

• 5 weeks later...

I was looking at the S10 as well until I rode it and a Triumph explorer up at Joe's. The S10 put me to far forward into more of a crotch rocket posture. I know I could raise/ change the bars and tweak the bike but once I rode the explorer, it seem to fit me better and the triple is a monster!

I agree both bikes are not the best off road bike but I bought it for the riding position and to be able to do fire roads and smooth trails. I think if it got stuck in the mud, you might need a crane to pull it out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I am a dual sport rider.  I actually joined based on this thread, it is difficult finding like minded, somewhat local people.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.  If anything, there might be a list of dirt and gravel roads that comes out of this.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I'd like to revive this thread. I've got my Yamaha XT225 out here with me and I'd love to get in on some dual sport rides. I've never been able to get the bike to go faster than 68, so we'd be limited to back roads, but I'm up for any distance like that.

Let's get something planned. First step, what weekend? :lol:

You're one funny guy!  :popcorn:

But seriously, I'm game for bringing my CRF230L and meeting somewhere.  Like 2.slow, I'm capped out at 65 mph, so anywhere we meet will have to be without a lot of help from freeways.

I'd be up for some dirt and gravel roads - not really into tearing up my knobs on pavement all that much though.

I'm out for April 9-15 but pretty much open rest of the next month or so.

• Upvote 1