Iron Pony, 600 Mile Service

13ECHO

Completed the work same day for $99 plus parts. Total came to $198.

A competitor in Hilliard wanted $249 plus parts for the same job with an appointment two weeks out.

Spoke with the service tech after the work at Iron Pony. I think the work was good and price fair. Ill go back to them in the future.

• Upvote 1

I did it for the warranty..

What did you do for the warranty?

You do not have to have a dealer do the service just save your receipts when you do it yourself. If you choose.

Read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson%E2%80%93Moss_Warranty_Act

Iron Pony is doing a good job now that they changed the SD around.

I contacted Kawasaki myself and asked them how service must be handeled. They said I can do it via a qualified service shop, or I can do it myself and keep detailed records of the mileage

my oil change tonight cost me 5.99x2.5 per quart of oil, 12.99 for the oil filter, and 30 minutes of my time.

Edited by Gunner75

I don't know.... Some people don't have mechanical aptitude. There's nothing wrong with that. To me... If I've invested $10K or so in a bike, I don't mind paying to have a professional make sure everything is tight and good to go after break-in. I just started changing my own oil last year, but I still took my new bike to IP for the break in service. We all have strengths, weaknesses, comfort levels, and different desires.

I contacted Kawasaki myself and asked them how service must be handeled. They said I can do it via a qualified service shop, or I can do it myself and keep detailed records of the mileage

my oil change tonight cost me 5.99x2.5 per quart of oil, 12.99 for the oil filter, and 30 minutes of my time.

This

I don't know.... Some people don't have mechanical aptitude. There's nothing wrong with that. To me... If I've invested $10K or so in a bike, I don't mind paying to have a professional make sure everything is tight and good to go after break-in. I just started changing my own oil last year, but I still took my new bike to IP for the break in service. We all have strengths, weaknesses, comfort levels, and different desires.

:lol:

For that price they better give you a reach around or maybe a blumpkin or something.

Next time have Hoblick do it for you...he would charge you a lot less than that.

I can assure you that Hoblick will not even consider giving a reach around or especially a blumpkin!!!!!

I can assure you that Hoblick will not even consider giving a reach around or especially a blumpkin!!!!!

OK so maybe that came out wrong, I was not meaning Hoblick would give anybody a reach around or blumpkin, cleveland steamer, a hot meal, etc lol

But he would change your oil etc

• 3 months later...

So if you take it back for the first service, that is all they do is change the oil? I thought they went through and checked certain parts to tighten them up, adjust them and change differential fluids? Is this just everyone's opinion about it or just a way to bash people who do not like to work on their rides. I personally hate it but have a bunch of customers who are mechanics and will trade ammo or guns for services.

• Upvote 1

I used to work in a shop...600mi service is an oil change. I'd do a general inspection of the other fluids and put a wrench on a couple bolts. If the whole service took 40 min, 30 was the oil change, 5 was the inspection, and the other 5 was on/off the lift and the test ride.

• 5 months later...

I do some work myself and some stuff I leave to my mechanic. I guess I'm lucky. I have a friend who is a mechanic at one of the big shops around here. It usually costs me half or less of what it would cost in a shop. I change my oil myself and clean the chain. I'll do some cosmetic stuff like windscreens etc.  I did my tail kit. When it comes to brakes and tires, electrical and engine, I leave that stuff to him. I will learn it eventually, but for now I don't want to risk hurting my baby :)